Sunday, November 10, 2013

One Step At A Time

It's really easy for me to get carried away in a visit and overwhelm my patients with too much impassioned information. Lately, I've passed out a lot of Joe Cross 3, 5, 10 day reboots, my own personal smoothie recipes and one single kale chip recipe. I still find it hilarious to see 60-80 year olds make a face when I mention certain vegetables or say "eww I don't like insert some vegetable", like they are five years old again. I get it, it's hard to take action when you don't know where to start. So my challenge is to take one step at a time, then little by little you'll see changes and hopefully be motivated to take the next little step. Here we go! Let me know what you decide on and how it works for you:

1) Drink a cup of water when you first wake up
2) Try placing orange, lime, cucumber or mint in a bottle of water and refrigerate
3) Buy a really cool water bottle that you can make your 'comfort blanket', take it everywhere and attend (drink) to it constantly
4) Use olive oil over your current vegetable or canola oil
5) Add a handful or two of kale or spinach in your smoothie
6) Try to eat the majority of your calories for the day before 3 pm
7) Have kale chips for snacks (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/crispy-kale-chips-recipe/index.html)
8) Cut down or completely cut soda intake (this one will completely change your weight in a week)
9) Go online and download a 7-day gluten-free menu plan or 7-day sugar-free menu plan and follow it
10) Keep a food journal - self awareness is key to transformation, try it, you'll be shocked at what you find, also keep a food and mood log, eat something and see how you feel 10, 15, 30 or an hour later
11) Get rid of all boxed or preserved food
12) Stop drinking milk
13) Don't eating in front of the TV
14) Add more color to your food (increase amount of veggies and fruits a day)

Good luck!

Lots of Love,

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment